August 25, 2018
THE OFFICIAL WORLD YOUTH DAY CROSS COMES TO WASHINGTON DC THIS SUMMER, AUGUST 25, 2018!
WITH SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER SR. MIRIAM JAMES AND NATIONALLY ACCLAIMED RECORDING ARTIST STEVE ANGRISANO!
Come take part in this once-in-a-generation celebration of the Visit of the World Youth Day Cross, as it makes its first pilgrimage to the United States in twenty-five years! Youth, young adults, and families are all invited to take part in this historic event! Register today! Or join us on Facebook and see who else is coming!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY
* 9:00 AM - A procession of the WYD Cross and Icon, carried by youth and young adults, across the National Mall, beginning on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. Be there by 9:00 AM for an opening address and prayer with special guest Archbishop Jose Domingo Ulloa Mendieta of Panama.
* 9:20 - 11:00 AM - A procession of the WYD Cross and Icon, carried by young people, sets out across the National Mall, including stops at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, Washington Monument, and Smithsonian Castle.
* 12:20 PM - 3:35 PM - The WYD Cross and Icon continues its pilgrimage with prayers, veneration, confession, and an afternoon of liturgical and cultural activities at the Saint John Paul II National Shrine. Including praise and worship adoration with special guest recording artist Steve Angrisano.
* 3:35 PM - A keynote address by nationally acclaimed speaker Sr. Miriam James.
* 4:35 - 5:15 PM - A final procession of the Cross and Icon to the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.
* 5:15 PM - 6:30 PM - Sunday Mass with the Cross and Icon at the Basilica.
Get details and register here
World Youth Day Cross comes to Washington, D.C.